Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

69-72 Spare tire carrier

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Triaged, Feb 26, 2001.

1. Triaged

Triaged 1/2 ton status

Does anyone know of a company that makes a rear bumper/hitch/spare carrier for a 69-72 Blazer. Not only do I not have a spare I don't have anywhere to put it when I do get one. I also need a hitch and thought I'd kill 2 birds w/ 1 stone. I like the one that SEC makes but they only have for 73- body style shown. I would rather not pay for something costom. I need something that will hold a 33-35" tire (33's now 35's soon).

2. travis

travis 1/2 ton status

I don't remember the company but there is a link on Burt4x4's web page. I think I was quoted a price of around $450 for a rear bumper with a hitch and swingout tire carrier. They can even enclose it to be used as an air tank. Sorry I can't help more but I'm sure Burt 4x4 can.

3. Burt4x4

Burt4x4 3/4 ton status

The carrier I'm using will only fit a 1/2 way warn out 33" tire with out modifying the gerry can baskets. It is made by Kayline http://www.burt4x4.coloradok5.com