Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

69-75 bikini top?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Chris Demartini, Sep 19, 2002.

1. Chris Demartini

Chris Demartini 1/2 ton status

<font color="blue">I got my Smittybilt interior tube bar in yesterday, so today I too the truck down to a local auto apoulstry and top place to see if they could make me a bikini top. Of course they imediatly looked at my like I was some kind of perv, then I opened up a Bestop catolog and showed them a bikini top on a CJ-7. It was $50 for the jeep, the guy told me $300 to make one for my truck /forums/images/icons/ooo.gif Does anyone know of a bikini top that will fit these trucks?

2. denver75k5

denver75k5 1/2 ton status

Yup, Mine. I bought it from Kayline 2 years ago, it's for a 70's era scout. STC bought out Kayline a while ago so im not sure they still make those or not.

3. Chris Demartini

<font color="blue">Are the snaps in the same place as my Kayline full top I have? How much was it?

4. TONYP

TONYP 1/2 ton status

Keep me posted on on this one, I'd like to get one too. /forums/images/icons/ooo.gif

5. denver75k5

I had to put in 1 more snap on each side fairly close to the snaps for the soft top, As i rember it was around $80.

6. Chris Demartini

<font color="blue">Does it go to the ends of the windsheild frame?

7. denver75k5

Yup, it goes just as far as the full top.

8. 1HIHUM

1HIHUM 1/2 ton status

It won't mater if it fits, they are out of biz. The price doesn't suprise me though. I went to a local shop to get a quote for replacing my soft top, using my old Bestop as a pattern, with new zip out sides. He told me $1500 /forums/images/icons/shocked.gif /forums/images/icons/blush.gif /forums/images/icons/confused.gif , and that's using my old hardware. /forums/images/icons/mad.gif $1500 just make the material part. I mean WTF, it's not like I asked for a custom hard top here. /forums/images/icons/mad.gif Oh well, I broke out the old needle and thead, and proceeded to Susan B. Anthony my top back together. /forums/images/icons/cool.gif /forums/images/icons/grin.gif