Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

'69 Blazer VIN identification and needs front disc.

Discussion in '1969-1972 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by weldor, Apr 6, 2002.

1. weldor

weldor Registered Member

\'69 Blazer VIN identification and needs front disc.

I've *inherited* a 1969 (rustbucket) Blazer with six cylinder and three on the tree. I've read as many post as can be found, but have located nothing concerning changing the front drum brakes to disc. If this is a possible junkyard change over I'm interested in how, what the disc brake system came on originally, and any tips that can be passed along. I plan to use the Blazer as a daily driver and it will see snow maybe three times a year. It will be seldom, if ever, that it will see off road duty. I mainly plan this as a restoration (sort of) and something that I've never seen in this area. There are plenty of Blazers, but not '69 Blazers.

I've read the "WHAT YEAR IS IT" page and the VIN identification. It explains that there were only 4,935 of the 1969 Blazers built. If I am correctly interpreting the VIN my "69 is number 879702. What have I misread?

2. Greg72

Greg72 "Might As Well..." Staff Member Super Moderator

Re: \'69 Blazer VIN identification and needs front disc.

Sounds like you don't have the complete VIN # yet.....

It should be stamped into a plate on the drivers side door jamb area. Something like:

CE149F1000043

Once you have that.....there are a bunch of places where you can decode it. You should be able to find a "Vin Decoder" by using the "search" button on this list. I know I've seen it here before.

Otherwise, just post the VIN and I can decode it for you....there are decoders in catalogs from ChevyDuty and LMC....

Hope that helps and welcome aboard! /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

3. kilomanjaro

kilomanjaro 1/2 ton status

Re: \'69 Blazer VIN identification and needs front disc.

i have a front disc brake setup for 72 blazer should swap right into the axel from a 69. email me at kilomanjaro63@hotmail.com if you are interested. thanks
    john