Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

69 chevy surburan?

Discussion in '1936-Present Suburban' started by 4x4k20, Oct 10, 2003.

1. 4x4k20

4x4k20 1/2 ton status

i know where one is it is rough but it aint that bad whats the history of a 4x4 such as this ? /forums/images/graemlins/burb.gif

2. Beast388

Beast388 1/2 ton status

I have a '71 GMC Suburban (same body style), what do you want to know about them?

3. Ddragggon

Ddragggon 1/2 ton status

the 1969 suburban was about the 5th generation of suburbans, originaly concieved of, and built in 1936. I believe the 69 was the first year to incorporate the side safety markerlamps, and one of the last years of 4 wheel drum brakes. these suburbans sported 1 more door than thier predecessor, the 1960-1966 suburban, which only had 2. the 67 to 72 suburbans sported the 3rd door on the passenger side. these trucks came with an option for rear ambulance doors, or, a tailgate/liftgate combo. these are deemed by many to be the last real trucks to roll off of the GM line, as they were made almost completely out of metal, with few interior options. the 1/2 ton, and some 3/4 ton trucks from these years use rear coil springs, although I don't know if the suburbans do or not.

that's about all I know...

4. Beast388

Beast388 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    I believe the 69 was the first year to incorporate the side safety markerlamps,

[/ QUOTE ]

1968 was the first year for sidemarkers. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

[ QUOTE ]
    and one of the last years of 4 wheel drum brakes.

[/ QUOTE ]

1970 was the last year for drum brakes. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

[ QUOTE ]
    the 1/2 ton, and some 3/4 ton trucks from these years use rear coil springs, although I don't know if the suburbans do or not.

[/ QUOTE ]

2wd trucks & Suburbans always had coil fronts(of course) but could have either coil or leaf rears. 4wd trucks were always leafs at the 4 corners. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

5. cornfed

cornfed 1/2 ton status

Yeah they wer made almost completely out of steel, except for the plywood cargo floors /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

6. Beast388

Beast388 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    Yeah they wer made almost completely out of steel, except for the plywood cargo floors /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I am thankful for the plywood floors, that is the only part of mine that isn't rusting! /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif