Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

69 pickup

Discussion in '1969-1972 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by collegeK5er, Sep 7, 2001.

1. collegeK5er

collegeK5er Registered Member

i posted this on the other board with no responces so i'll try ya'll

i just bought a 69 chevy pickup 2X4 with a Q-4B carb on a 350 motor, and a power glide trans, all stock. the onther day it started running funny, so i checked the fuel filter in the carb and it was missing. got a new paper one and put it in, now it is shifting later in the rpms. i don't have a tach but i can here a big difference.

also has anybody ever removed the wiper cowl? i have some leaks behind the dash and would easily be able to fix them if i could remove the cowl, but i've never done it. not sure how involved of a process it is.

with all this rain down here in texas, i sure would llike to keep driving it but don't like wet shoes.

thanks
    chris

Doin' it all on a college budget

2. Dave_S

Dave_S Registered Member

Are you sure the leak is coming from beneath the cowl? 9 times out of 10 its going to be a leaky window seal causing those types of problems. Unless, of course, you can see blatant rust holes up below your dash.

Dave S

3. blazerman

blazerman Registered Member

To remove the cowl you need to remove the windshield wipers, undo the 4 or 5 screws running along the top of the cowl. Then undo the 6 screws holding the hood to cowl seal, the two bolts on the ends at the front. Last open the doors and there is one more bolt on each side that is easily accessed when the door is open. Of course that is if your truck is like my blazer!

72 K5 - 33's on stock susp. and lots of rust! But at least it's payed for!!!

4. collegeK5er

collegeK5er Registered Member

i looked under the dash and found the rust and holes. hopefuly it won't rain tomarrow so i can get a chance to do it.
    thanks for your help
    chris

Doin' it all on a college budget