Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

69K5 What A X-mas Present

Discussion in '1969-1972 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by DJs69K5, Mar 3, 2002.

1. DJs69K5

DJs69K5 Registered Member

North Kansas City, MO...in the Heart of the best c
    Just bought it and can't wait to tear it apart and see what it's made of. Don't know if I will go costom on the body work or not...but does it really matter if your covered in mud??? Usually work on 67-72 P.U., but thought I would see how it feels to pick my own road. Greg72...Great photo of the First Gen line up!!! Damn wish I was there, just a long ways from Ol Missouri. Looks like fun though. Anyway, Im stuck making a choice on the grill, dont know if I should go back to the original 69 or see what a 67-68 looks like on it, like I said work on these alot just not with 4 wheel drive, so Dad and I have pretty easy access to the parts. What do you guys think???

2. Greg72

Greg72 "Might As Well..." Staff Member Super Moderator

DJ,

If you decide to go to the 67-68 style grille, I'll be happy to take your current '69 grill off your hands!! /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

Mine looks good from 20 feet away, but I'd like to have a "cherry" one with the "CHEVROLET" script across the middle......and I don't much feel like paying something like $500 for the inner/outer grilles that the restoration places (LMC, Chevy Duty) sell.....

Are you goin' to Moab in August? We could meet up there.....

3. 71RestoRod

71RestoRod 1/2 ton status

Somewhere in my stack of 4X4 mags I've got a pic of a Blazer w/ a 67-68 front clip. I thought it looked really sweet. I'll see if I can't dig it up.

4. bouncytruck

bouncytruck 1/2 ton status

I saw a Blazer on Autotrader.com with a 68 clip. It looked nice but I like the look of the '69 grill & hood a little better. I don't think you can just change the grill to a 67/68, I think you need to change the whole front clip, including the radiator support.

Let's see some pics!

5. LKJR

LKJR 1/2 ton status

your right on that, but I"m sure he already knows that if he's worked on these trucks a lot. It is easily done but you have to change the whole front clip, Never seen it on a 4x but it looks good on the street

6. DJs69K5

Greg72, Dont think that you would want this grill man, believe me...even from 20 feet yours still looks alot better! If I end up making it to Moab Ill be sure to tell you soon, I can sure get you a good looking 69 for cheaper than that...heck Ive got 3 including the K5s now, but just wanted to swap em cause I am going to have to take it all down anyway...but Ill let ya know!

7. DJs69K5

Bouncey and Resto, Ya Ive took a couple of 69s out and put in new 67s, thats about all you have to do is the hood and clips. But this is going to be a 70 to 80% restoration so thats not going to be a problem, even thinking about cowling a custom hood for it too...So many plans, So little time. Hell lets just drop a 454 in it too /forums/images/icons/smile.gif J/K bout that...Ill get some pics of it up before and after so you guys can take a look.

8. bouncytruck

bouncytruck 1/2 ton status

Have you ever seen the '70 yellow low rider PU owned by Travis (<a target="_blank" href=http://www.fonzedesign.com/traviss_chevy.htm>http://www.fonzedesign.com/traviss_chevy.htm</a>)? He took the front of the hood and leaned it back an inch. A lot of work for a subtile change, but an interesting idea.

9. wrath

wrath 1/2 ton status

Bouncytruck..betcha the guys over on 67-72chevytrucks.com would like them pics.. waste of a nice truck IMO. Course I think everything should be on a 4x frame and 6" lifts should have been Factory..LOL