Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

6cyl. Head ID

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Hossbaby50, Feb 24, 2004.

1. Hossbaby50

Hossbaby50 3/4 ton status

My roommate has a head for a straight 6 GM that he cant ID. The intake manifold is cast into the head itself. It is integral. Any idea what motor this head is off of? Thanks

Harley

2. pauly383

pauly383 Daddy383 Staff Member Moderator

One of my old Chevelles ( never drove this one it was towed when loop 101 went in my old friends yard and I never picked it up ) had that head. It should be mid 70's and newer for intermediate cars until v-6 came out , and full size trucks 2wd until 4.3 came out. Would say the engine was a 250. Prior to the mid 70's the manifolds were separate. They actually were long lasting engines, not much power, but thats why the factory geared em low /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

3. 4xcrazy

4xcrazy 3/4 ton status

My '76 Nova came original with this same type of head on the 250ci, from what i hear, they are kinda hard to come by too.

4. civicstomper

civicstomper 1/2 ton status

That sounds a lot like one of my 4.1 Liter 250 L-6 engines. It was out of a 1973 Chevy C10 and had a Rochester monojet carb if that helps. I have always heard good things about the old inline engines, thats why I'm rebuilding one now to put in my 75 /forums/images/graemlins/truck.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif
    -pete /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif /forums/images/graemlins/truck.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif

5. greywolf

greywolf 1/2 ton status

early mid 80s,mostly vans or if your real lucky they put it in your truck like me /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gifi love my 250 just hate that head /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif non itegral head is the way to go

6. K5MONSTERCHEV

K5MONSTERCHEV 1/2 ton status

I have one on my '78 250. I love my 250 too!! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif I have a different head with clifford intake and headers to swap on. If you get the number off the head, a machine shop should be able to get you the specs.