Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

6inch lift

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by mudmuncher, Jun 7, 2003.

1. mudmuncher

mudmuncher Newbie

i recently put a 6inch superlift on my 89 k5 and i cant seem to figure out where this popping sound is coming from.
    i hear the noise and feel it when i first take off and also when i speed up out of a turn or when i hit bumps. Any ideas would help.. thanks <font color="black"> </font>

2. gravdigr

gravdigr 1/2 ton status

U joints? How is your driveline angle?

3. mudmuncher

mudmuncher Newbie

i thought that it might be the u-joints, but how do you explain the noise when i go over bumps in the road?
    the springs i got had shims on them to tip the pinion up, so that angle isnt so bad, the joint at the case is at a pretty steep angle though, so that might be it. <font color="black"> </font>

4. Shaggy

Shaggy 3/4 ton status

<font color="green"> Could be lots of stuff, but the u-bolts being loose is likely. I've also had poly bushings make popping noises too. </font>

5. gravdigr

gravdigr 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    but how do you explain the noise when i go over bumps in the road?

[/ QUOTE ]

When you go over a bump the suspension flexes changing your driveline angle. But it could be some of the other stuff too like loose Ubolt or body bushing.

6. mudmuncher

mudmuncher Newbie

thanks, i think im gonna check every bolt and nut related to the lift and if it still does it then ill see about a cv driveshaft from high angle driveline, i heard they eliminate all vibrations.