Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

6K Tach

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by dammit32, Jan 12, 2003.

1. dammit32

dammit32 1/2 ton status

I really seem to want to have a tach lately. I got the ole 350 purring pretty well lately so this encourages it /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

I've looked around at all the speed shops online and the sell plenty of 8k and 10k tachs but I would assume that a 6k tach would give me a much better reading with far more sweep, given the application.

I also looked into creating a factory tach look but all the threads I found seemed kinda bleak about a good donor for my 91 rig. I would prefer doing the factory look but if it isnt possible I wanted a 6k tach.

If anyone has some good feedback about either method I'm all ears /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

2. DEMON44

DEMON44 Low-Tech Redneck

<font color="red">Raid a 2nd Gen. Camaro. Their tach's have a 5750rpm yellow line and a 6500rpm red line. Should probably be a bolt-in swap, provided you've already got the big hole in the dash to put it in /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif </font color>

3. milspecjimmy

milspecjimmy 1/2 ton status

i have an auro meter monster tach, its a 10 grand unit, but it is really accurate, and doesnt seem to vibrate at all. and i think the smallest one that auto meter makes is the 8k. as far as second gen camaro tachs, arent they like our trucks where the tach is part of the entire gauge cluster?