Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

7/8-18 LH Tap

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by jeffro, Dec 20, 2003.

1. jeffro

jeffro 1/2 ton status

What's up with the prices on some of these Off-road places?? They all want 70 to 100 bux for a left handed tap. I ordered one from a tool place for 40 bux. Not to mention the LH Jam nuts for 10 bux. I did see one place that had tham for 3 dollars. I guess if they make the tools expensive enough you won't mind paying $250 for a tie rod and drag link made to your specs that cost them maybe 85 dollars to throw together.

2. got_mud

got_mud 1/2 ton status

i paid a helluva lot more than 40 for mine. i am sure the whole board would love to hear where anyone of us can get a tie tap for that kind of money.

3. jeffro

jeffro 1/2 ton status

Crouch sales on Irving Blvd in dallas.

4. BowtieRed

BowtieRed 1/2 ton status Author

i just don't see how it cost them any more to make a left handed tap than a right handed one. . . businesses rip people off so badly

(i hate popups, i had to click this window atleast ten times to get the cursor back in the box -again- due to popups stopping my flow!! /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif )

5. zcarczar

zcarczar 1/2 ton status

Its called specialty tooling. Thats why they cost so much, not many people need a tap like that also its low supply and low demand so again prices are high because of that. If you just need to make a few drag links i would go with threaded tube adapters from poly performance or poison spyder customs. The adapters are $14 a piece and are work pretty damn good.

6. ntsqd

ntsqd 1/2 ton status

7. R72K5

R72K5 Banned

someone makes and sells LH thjread 78 fittings ? where ? pics ?

lol at zcar's signature .gif haha i actually sat and watched the whole thing, your blazer is already nice i dont see why it neeeds new paint and all that ?? is it jus ta cali thing to repaint stuff thats already nice ?

good luck