Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

7 Qt. dipstick.

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by riz, Jun 12, 2000.

1. riz

riz 3/4 ton status

I have a 7 Qt. Muldoon oil pan on my new motor and I can't seem to find anyone who makes a 7 Qt. dipstick. Is there such a thing ? I definately want to keep an eye on my oil level but with a standard 5 Qt. dipstick it won't be nearly as accurate. I would appreciate any info on this topic. Thanks.

L8r,

.Riz.

2. chevidog

chevidog Registered Member

I believe that your stock dipstick will do the job perfectly. Even though your new oil pan is deeper and holds more oil, the dipstick will still measure the level accurately since it only measures the distance from the oil level to the bottom of the block/crakshaft.

block/crankshaft I
    -------------------------I I's represent dipstick
    -------------------------I
    --------oil level-------I -'s represent air

Not sure how to attach a diagram yet, but the small one above may help what I am trying to say. The oil capacity should not effect the effectiveness of the dipstick, since it actually regulates the distance of oil level to the bottom end of the block. Long answer, but hope it helps.

been there-broke that, and that, and that...

3. jarheadk5

jarheadk5 1/2 ton status

Chevidog, I'd have to agree with you.

[​IMG] Semper Maintenance!