Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

70-72 k5

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by jay web, Nov 9, 2000.

1. jay web

jay web Registered Member

hello- newbie here- just wondering- thinking of getting a 70 - 72 k5. I have an 85 now. How would you compare the ease/dificulty between building up the two? Nothing radical- maybe 4-6 inch lift,etc. etc. I guess what I'm saying is I'm not seeing much advertised along the lines of suspensions, etc. How about adaptability of stronger axles?

2. blazin72

blazin72 1/2 ton status

Welcome aboard,
    I own a 72 K5 and wouldn't trade it for nothing.
    As for suspension products almost everybody sells lift kits for these years.
    There are tons of aftermarket parts that you can order also.
    They come with a dana 44 in the front so you should'nt have to mess with it or change it out unless you are doing some serious 4 wheelin. All in all they are a breeze to work on plus a joy to own.

Blazin 72

3. smp

smp 1/2 ton status

I MUST AGREE I LOVE MINE AND THERE IS ALOT YOU CAN DO WITH THEM AND THEY HAVE STYLE

[​IMG] SMP

4. talldogg

talldogg 1/2 ton status

If you have the option between a 69-72 or a 85, take the 69-72. There's a MILLION reasons why. I really doubt you'll find anybody to argue with that.[​IMG]

It's not what you buy, it's what you build!

5. BUDDY

BUDDY 1/2 ton status

I think they have the best body-style of any truck ever built and you'd be amazed how many people rubber-neck down the road just trying to get a look at your truck. I will never get rid of my truck and there are so many things that can be done with them. A few years ago a '72 blazer on 44's would've won the TTC if he had gotten there on the first day, and that was the year that the Scorpion won. So, they can be built and they already look good. I'd trade an '85 for '72 ANYDAY!!

My two cents,

Buddy

I've got my dream truck and it's a 72 K-5 that is getting there!!

6. Burt4x4

Burt4x4 3/4 ton status

Jay, Welcome!!
    The guys preety much said it all!!
    I too will NEVER part with my 72K5!!
    I have been building it sence 93 and still have tons of things on my list to do!
    I am rasing two small kids at the same time so I only get 3-4 mods a year done but someday I may be done who knows!!
    I say GOFORIT!! You'll love it!

72K5[​IMG]Led Zeppelin[​IMG]Rock ON![​IMG]
    http://www.burt4x4.coloradok5.com