Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

'70 K5 Door

Discussion in '1969-1972 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by super_kev, Feb 19, 2003.

1. super_kev

super_kev Registered Member

\'70 K5 Door

Hey guys,
    New user here. I'm currently restoring a '70 K5, and the right door is junk, good for a trail door but nothing else. Does anyone have a right side door in good condition, i.e. little rust, very small dents (if any) etc. The first door was busted when some crackhead came out of a parking lot @ 30mph and ran into the truck. It was a honda, so it went under the truck. /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif But it hit the door hard enough to ruin it. So we had another used one put in and I just realized that it's total crap. /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif

I haven't been able to find a door, and I can't get ready to paint the truck until I have one. I have a CST K5, which I suppose means it has "extras" like the chrome trim on the vent window and window channel frame, and a chrome piece on the top of the inside door panel. The replacement door doesn't have any of that chrome stuff, so I'm looking for a nice door and then those chrome pieces.

If you guys have any of this stuff or know where to get it, that would be great.

Kevin

2. Stroked72Blazer

Stroked72Blazer 1/2 ton status

Re: \'70 K5 Door

LMC Truck will have most if not all the parts you are looking for. Call 1800 222 5664 to get a catalog. It might cost $5 but it is well worth it if you are restoring a 1st gen Blazer.

3. super_kev

Actually I have ordered all of my parts through LMC, very fast and they have good prices. I don't want to buy a new door if I don't have to, since they are around $500. Just looking for a nice used one.

4. Topdown

Topdown 1/2 ton status

try ckecking locally for a pickup door. they are the same door only the K5 has the window frame cut off.

Keep checking the parts for sale and post in the parts wanted forums and you will see them float by.

-Ryan /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif

5. Steve_Chin

Steve_Chin 1/2 ton status

If you use a pickup door, remember to take the latch reinforcement plate off of the Blazer door and transfer it to the pickup door. Pickups don't have that plate and it's there for a reason.

6. Ryan B.

Ryan B. 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

Hey i posted wanting blazer doors last year and this is what another cali member, sarazk5 (near sac) told me:
    there is a shop in Roseville, right north of Sacramento that has the doors complete for $100.00 each. It is B&E they specialize in 67-72 Chevys. That is all they sell.

Good luck.
    /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

7. Topdown

Topdown 1/2 ton status

they have a web site by any chance?

8. Greg72

Greg72 "Might As Well..." Staff Member Super Moderator

You can also try Vintage Chevy in Fremont.....the guy is Bill O'Grady and he specializes in early Blazers and Pickups....

He won't be cheap, but to his credit he DOES tend to have really nice original parts. The reproduction stuff tends to always be lacking either in fit & finish or metal thickness, etc.

FWIW.

9. '72brett

'72brett 1/2 ton status

that place in Cali sounds good. We got one like that here in Iowa. no website yet, but I been there twice. They got over 800 '72 blazers. that is '72 alone. Neat place and hes got everything I needed so far. Even had ford mirrors that I put in my Blazer. they fit perfect!

10. super_kev

Ok guys thanks for all the help. I didn't think I'd get that many replys. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif Do you happen to have the number of that B&E place in Roseville? I'll try that first, then do Vintage Chevy's, and then if I have no luck I'll get one from LMC.

Kevin

11. Steve_Chin

Steve_Chin 1/2 ton status

Bill's a good guy, but can sometimes be a little gruff on the phone (I'm a friend of his, so take that for what it's worth). He doesn't often have Blazer doors because when he gets a Blazer he tries to put it back on the road (sometimes it's too far gone so he'll part it out).

12. DaHateTank

DaHateTank Registered Member

'72brett,

Where's that guy at in Iowa??? You got a number for him??

I knew where he was, years ago, but Ive lost track of it. I could use some pieces. I live in NW Iowa (near Okoboji)

-Marty

13. '72brett

'72brett 1/2 ton status

Marty: This place is in Pella, Iowa. It called "Doug's 4-Wheelers, INC." (specializing in '72 Blazers) I have the phone # 641-628-2755

1211 Hwy 163-East 4 miles
    Pella, Iowa 50219