Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

700 r-4 trans swap

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by HARRYS81, Jan 21, 2002.

1. HARRYS81

HARRYS81 Registered Member

Will a 700 r-4 bolt up to a np208? (it's the aluminum case) that currently has a t350? i don't want to have to change input shafts. Also will i need different drive shafts? oh yeah, is it worth it???????????? or should i just put another t350 in it (snapped mine in 2 pieces in accident. ended up on a stone wall about 5' up)
    it's going in my 81 Blazer which has stock drivetrain w/built-up 350 ( will submit pics soon )

2. fortcollinsram

fortcollinsram 1/2 ton status

Yes, I believe that the bolt pattern is the same between the 700R and the TH350..And yes it is worth it...you get OD and save some gas...strength is pretty much the same

Chris

Was that a speed bump? No, just a Rice Rocket </font color=red> &lt;a target="_blank" href=http://coloradok5.com/gallery/fortcollinsram&gt;My 87 Blazer&lt;/a&gt;<P ID="edit"><FONT class="small">Edited by fortcollinsram on 01/21/02 01:20 PM.</FONT></P>