Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

700-R4 and B&M Trick Shift

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Hardcore, May 19, 2003.

1. Hardcore

Hardcore 1/2 ton status

I'm putting a deep tranny pan (+2 quarts) on my truck.

I know when I change the fluid only 4 out of the 10 quarts come out. I'll be putting in 6 quarts of new fluid. My question is will 6 quarts of Trick shift and 6 quarts of old Dexron II mix right?

Anybody use the trick shift? /forums/images/graemlins/ears.gif

I did a search and found that some of you guys use a quart of Ford ATF to firm up shifts, can someone please explain?
    Thanks /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

2. Hardcore

Hardcore 1/2 ton status

Anyone??? /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif

3. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Bubba Ray Boudreaux 1 ton status

I have and getting ready to go back to it. but I get crazy with it and just fill it to the rim with B&M........

4. I've used it and if I recall correctly on the container is states that you can mix it with regular tranny fluid to help reduce foaming. When I had my 700r4 rebuilt I filled it with Trick shift, and at $7/quart I had a hard time bringing myself to change the fluid for the first time. /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

5. wayne

wayne 3/4 ton status

I have not done it on a 700r4 but on my th350's and th400's I run Ford ATF. B&M even tells you to run ATF instead of the Dextron. I ran the trick shift fluid years ago and outside of it being blue I didn't notice much difference in the shifting between that and ATF.

6. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

[ QUOTE ]
    I've used it and if I recall correctly on the container is states that you can mix it with regular tranny fluid to help reduce foaming. When I had my 700r4 rebuilt I filled it with Trick shift, and at $7/quart I had a hard time bringing myself to change the fluid for the first time. /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

OUCH!!!!! Where ya buying at, RapeMyA** Autoparts? It's less than $5 a quart down here.

7. BlazerWheels

BlazerWheels 1/2 ton status

You know Bubba, I'm still trying to figure out where "Down Here" is for you. /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

8. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

[ QUOTE ]
    You know Bubba, I'm still trying to figure out where "Down Here" is for you. /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

The Valley dude!!!!!! Hang ten!!!!!!

Actually, I'm stuck between Bakersfield and Fresno.