Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

700 to 4L80e

Discussion in 'Pacific Region' started by hi pinion, Nov 26, 2003.

1. hi pinion

hi pinion 3/4 ton status

hi , my name is hi pinion,and im not feeling so good.i have 700 r tranny,(leaking at the front seal and ive rebuilt it 2 times already) and i want to change it over to a 4L80e or a 400 with an aftermarket overdrive unit.i have an 85 blazer ,1 ton hi pinion axles,40 inch tires,and a 10 inch lift going under it .ive talked to several transmission shops including bowtie overdrives,and no one has performed this task.does anyone on this site know of, or have heard of any bolt on overdrive kits that can fit under a blazer with a 400?or has anyone in the SAC area done a 4L80e swap?i know it reqires a tss signal with carberated blazers,an adapter (32spline) etc .any information would be usefull. thanks for your time, YOURS TRULY, HI PINION... /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif

2. imiceman44

imiceman44 1 ton status

Well your better bet would be to find a 4l80, it won't be cheap but it will be a bolt on.
    I have not seen any overdrives for a th400 except the Gear vendors and it only works in 2wd which is not bad but for $3000 I would want it to do more.
    there are more options but all more $$$ or just for lower gearing,like the KLUNE V.
    SO where in Sac are you?