Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

700r & 208 to turbo 400 & 205 [long]

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by i8yrsuv, Feb 17, 2004.

1. i8yrsuv

i8yrsuv 1/2 ton status

Ok ..When I bought my blaz it had a the 700 & 208 combo .The 208 wouldnt change to the other gears.I took it apart and found that the chain was broke /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gifI put an new chain it and it was ok for very short while till the front seal in the 700 took a crap on the way to Tahoe .[the trans had about 25000 miles on it] /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif Then I bought a one ton for axles and a spare motor and it thad the bigg dogg tranny 400 and the big 205 that was a sucker for the transplant !!! /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif So I repulled the 208 out and took its shitty friend out to [700]!! /forums/images/graemlins/woot.gif
    The 400 went in with a floorjack and it almost went in all of the way ,but the last 1/2"..I used some bolts to get it lined up better ,then tightened them a little and WHOO it slid in the rest of the way!! /forums/images/graemlins/woot.gif Before that I used loctight on the crank/flexplate bolts and on the torque converter bolts to!! The old bolts were loose on the torque converter and I found out where the rattle/knock was comming from!!!! /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif
    The 205 was a REAL BEAST !!!!It took all balls to lift it on the jack and another person to hold it on it !!It slipped in the trany with the greastest of ease !! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif
    The problem is that there is a few wires that dont have a home ! One plug is a 4 pin but only 2 are used One of those wires are as purple as barneys butt and the other one in that plug is brown or red with a black strip. THr othger is a 2 plug connector w/ 1 black&white and its buddy is green or gray !!maybe is OD INDICATOR ?? /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif the thing wont idle good now and my thought is the othe is emissions related > any clues??? the tranfer case wires are there too <but that looks easy too just reconnect >> thanks in advance /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

2. 85scottsdale

85scottsdale 1/2 ton status

Your 4 plug connector went to the 700r4 to control the lockup function, its of no use anymore with a th400. You will however have some wires that are supposed to go to the th400 which is for a kickdown switch, you don't HAVE to have it if you don't mind manually down-shifting when you need the power. The other 2 pin connector probably went to your 208, and is the 4wd indicator light.

3. i8yrsuv

i8yrsuv 1/2 ton status

may be one of those connectors is for the lockup converter ?