Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

700R Cracked..

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by stockk5, Jun 14, 2006.

1. stockk5

stockk5 1/2 ton status Premium Member

Well i am pretty sure i cracked my 700r.. i was an idiot and didnt connect my tranny braces to the motor mounts cuz the motor i dropped in didnt have the braces on them and everything was done b4 i noticed. But now i believe my tranny is cracked on the right side, directly behind or to the right of where the TV cable goes into it. I havent physically seen the crack yet, but whenever i park my truck on an angle to the right.. theres a huge puddle of tranny fluid on the ground, and it doesnt leak at all when leaning to the left. So if i do end up finding the actual crack is there anyway jb weld could fix it? or should i just drop the tranny and throw another one in. Any advice would be great. thanks

2. 85mudblazin

85mudblazin 1/2 ton status

I doubt you cracked it there, is this a new trans?? Did you remeber to put the O-ring under the TV cable?

3. stockk5

its got about 60,000 on it... yeah i did put the o-ring for the dip stick hmm im trying to remember if there is a gasket for the tv cable where it bolts onto the tranny? ill double check that.

4. 85mudblazin

85mudblazin 1/2 ton status

There isnt a gasket for the TV cable its just a o-ring that slips over the little round piece that goes into the TV cable hole. I forgot to put mine in and everytime it leaned that way it poored out fluid.

5. neverendingproject

neverendingproject 1/2 ton status

If you left em off, i dont think its a big deal because some people run plastic covers down there and some dont run covers at all. You cant use braces with either one, but I havent had any experince with it.

Also: If your case was cracked you would lose most fluid and I dont think you could drive it.

6. stockk5

alright well thanks for giving me some hope. maybe in the chaos of just wanting to get it done i didnt put an o ring in..ill check soon.