Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

700r rebuild kit, what brand is good

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by arq, Dec 13, 2003.

1. arq

arq 1/2 ton status

which brand is recommended??

ARQ.

2. Triaged

Triaged 1/2 ton status

Never done a 700 before but I have done my 350...
    I went with a B&M from Summit. My truck shifted hard enough to chirp the 36" tires so I thought I had a shift kit and would save some money getting a kit with no valve body stuff. When I opended it up there was no shift kit /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif So I had to go out and buy one. It also didn't come with any of the thrust washers and most of mine were toast. If I had it to do over again I would buy the Hughes kit as it is more complete. TCI might be good as well...never had any of their stuff.

I had to get some hard parts as my existing ones were toast (looked like a previous rebuild was done and put toast parts in with new bushings and called it good /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif). I got them from a Leon's Trans near my house. I don't know if you have any down there but there are a few up here. Good guys to deal with, helped me when I had some problems, and even just gave me the parts to fix it /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif I was about ready to drop it off a cliff after I got it all bolted up and couldn't turn the input shaft. They told me that the stator? splines for the torque converter often close up the ID of the hole making the input shaft fit too tight. They gave me a new inputshaft bushing and told me to go at it with a die grinder before I put the new one in...worked perfect!

3. dyeager535

dyeager535 1 ton status Premium Member

Pro-built

Nothing but good things to say of this place from my own experience, and EVERYONE I have referred there.

At least back when I ordered (2 years ago I guess) my stuff the guy you talked to was Dana. I'd call him up and see what he can do for you.