Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

700r to a Th350

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by JohnDeere, Feb 11, 2007.

1. JohnDeere

JohnDeere 1/2 ton status

I know this has probly been stated before, but I'm not a paid member so I dont have the search function.

well my 700r has craped out. Im thinking about swaping it out for a th350. What all is required to do this. and what is the lenght diff. so i might get away without having to buy a new drive shaft

2. roadnotca

roadnotca 3/4 ton status

Check out Advance Adapters. You'll have to be careful, they may still have two different kits for the same conversion. I don't remember the details exactly, but if you're using a "car" TH350, you'll have to shorten the output shaft. AA will be glad to sell you a kit with a new short shaft, which requires disassembling the entire trans. The insider way is to cut the shaft. There's a jobber type manufacturer that sells kits to rebuilders, with instructions on cutting the shaft. I'm really stretching to remember but maybe "National"?

3. JohnDeere

JohnDeere 1/2 ton status

dosent a 700r and th350 have the same output spline count. I know they both mate to a 208 transfer case.

4. roadnotca

roadnotca 3/4 ton status

Uh, not nececessarily (sp?), I had to count mine. I got lucky, just had to cut-off the tail shaft.