Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

700r to sm465

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Jimmy84, Apr 15, 2002.

1. Jimmy84

Jimmy84 Registered Member

i was wondering if anyone could tell me how much work is involved in makin this swap. is it real hard to do or not. and what other parts will i have to buy besides the transmission. thanks for the help

2. ftn96

ftn96 1/2 ton status

Well, your gonna need the 3 pedal assembly, clutch linkage, prooly have to move your crossmember, lengthen your driveshafts and cut a hole in the floor for the shifter.

3. fortcollinsram

fortcollinsram 1/2 ton status

pretty easy to do...I am in the middle of the conversion myself...You need the tranny w/ a t-case that will bolt up to it, new front and rear drive shaft, flywheel, clutch, bellhousing, clutch pedal assembly, linkage (if a manual clutch setup), master/slave cylinder if hydraulic setup...Shift fork, throw out bearing, flywheel cover...those are most of the parts...If you need, I have MOST of the GM part numbers for those parts..

Not too bad though...let me know if you need any more help or part numbers....

Chris

4. ftn96

ftn96 1/2 ton status

Hey Fort,
    I might call you on that invitation sometime. Im in that rut debating on 700 to 465 or a 400. Which ever comes along first.

5. fortcollinsram

fortcollinsram 1/2 ton status

Brandon...

Sounds good man...I have a list here of like 15 differnet part numbers...I finally have almost all the pieces I need for the conversion...I even ended up with an extra np205 /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif I think the hardest thing to to will be the pedal assembly...looks like a PITA...but we will see...I am gonna drop the auto this weekend and replace my rear main seal and install the flywheel and clutch...

Good Luck,

Chris

6. ftn96

ftn96 1/2 ton status

Let me know how it turns out. Im still very interested in the knowledge of the swap if nothing else! /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif

7. Big_B_Murphy

Big_B_Murphy 1/2 ton status

I recently did this on my 85 K5, and had previously converted a 77 K10. Not real difficult, just time consuming. Either getting a donnor truck or having access to a good junkyard is a must.
    Let me know if you have any specific questions.
    Good Luck.

8. Jimmy84

Jimmy84 Registered Member

thanks for all the help so far. hopefully now i can get the transmisssion and get it all hooked up.

9. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

You'll want the 205 to go with it. /forums/images/icons/wink.gif