Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

700r tranny from a camaro in a Blazer?

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by chaka73, Mar 8, 2000.

1. chaka73

chaka73 1/2 ton status

Hey guys me bugging again, are the trannys the same from a car and a truck?, I have my camaro wich is a 92 with a 700r tranny but I'm parting out the car and I want to swap the tranny from my Blazer I have a 92 350 engine in my Blazer but I have the original tranny and t-case wich are 1973 and I need to know if the newer tranny will bolt on to the old t-case I want to go overdrive and I was thinking since I have the tranny from my car and the year matches my engine and the tranny maybe I can swap it with out spending alot of money but I need to know if the tranny from the cars are the same as the truck trannys and would I need any kind of adapters the tranny in my truck is a regular 350, so if anyone can help plese give me some advice I need to do it probably this weekend so I can get rid of the car it's just taking up space in my drive way some valuable space well thanks guys.

keep blazin !!!

2. 6.2 man

6.2 man 1/2 ton status Premium Member

The transmission will bolt up great .Not sure if transfer case will .The other thing is the 700R4 has a lockup converter that is controlled by the ecm .I do know there is a kit that will work for the lock up without using the ecm .It's about $200.00 .

3. Cmoe

Cmoe 1/2 ton status

On the TH350 it is not the same the tail shaft is shorter for a 4x4. I know that the 700R4 is based on the th350. Good luck....

<font color=red>C<font color=green>'<font color=blue>m<font color=orange>o<font color=purple>e

<font color=black>the blazer is "Back in Black"

4. turbo

turbo 1/2 ton status

1) A 700R4 is NOT controlled by ECU the replacement is.
    2)Only use a V8 700R4 behind a V8 the V6 unit needs internal upgrades to last.
    3) Front will bolt up but need the 4x4 output shaft.
    4)Also need the rear extension off a 4x4 TH350 or a 700R4
    5)For the lock up control wire to brake light like switch or relay that works opsoite lights (ie 12 volts when brake not pushed and off when pushed) htne thru a low vacuum switch (stack GM part)in manifold the to tranny.
    This way +12 volts for lockup unless brakes applied of high engine load (with low vacuum)
    Also early 2 piece rear seal 350 flex plate is different then late model 1 peaice rear engine seal flex plate.