Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

700r4- 205 combo ???

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by doctor4x4, Oct 29, 2003.

1. doctor4x4

doctor4x4 1/2 ton status

well did this 1 withthe advance adapter output shaft intead of the spacer and now the darn front shaft hits the pan any ideas ??? Yes i allready angled the cross member every wich way
    does any 1 know if a shallow 700r4 pan is made ???
    if so who please
    thanks
    R

2. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

Stock shaft?

Is the hammer out of the question?

3. doctor4x4

doctor4x4 1/2 ton status

yea had 2 shorten it a bit as there was never a 700r4-205 setup from the factory ( now i see why ) :-)
    as it hitting just on the edge of the big double joint
    Thanks

4. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

this is why everyone runs the spacer. /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif dunno what to tell ya dude... running a shallow pan isnt much of a solution... prolly end up toasting ur tranny over it.

j

5. Fubeca

Fubeca 1/2 ton status

I've saw one where they cut the pan and welded a piece of angle on that side to make a notch for the d-shaft. Sounds like a pain but might work.

6. DPI

DPI 1/2 ton status

[​IMG]

This company makes several for the 700. www.yourcovers.com

btw, where can I get one of those adaptors?

7. Chris_T

Chris_T 1/2 ton status

My shaft didn't hit, but was awfully close. I clearanced my stock pan with a ball peen hammer.

8. TONYP

TONYP 1/2 ton status

Randy, I have my 700/205 sitting in the garage and its apart...is there something I can check for you, It has the advanced adapter end on the 700 and no spacer ring...

9. TONYP

TONYP 1/2 ton status

Oh, and are you ready to do mine? Now that you have schooled your self on the install and some what an pro on the matter... /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

10. florida4x4

florida4x4 1/2 ton status

How much clearance do you need? Can you notch the pan using a piece of exhaust tubing?

Also how much lift on the truck? Just wontering cause I have the shaft and was gonna do this in the next year. Dont want these complications /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

11. Leadfoot

Leadfoot 1/2 ton status Premium Member

I did the same thing years ago (now I would go with the spacer). I had a buddy cut a section of that corner out of my pan and weld in a piece. The thing that sucks is there is an accumulator over in that corner, so you can only cut so much. I had a couple spare 700's laying around so I used one and some silly puddy to mark where in the pan the accumulator was, and used that for making my cuts......hope this helps (also my d-shaft hit my pan and would have torn it open if I ever tried to spin it before I modded the pan).

12. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

spacer = goooood. not only is the tranny pan not a problem (even a deep pan like i have) but it makes the front shaft longer.. which helps the angles a bit. Im surprised AA sells any of those shafts.. their "solution" costs 3x as much, causes pan clearance issues, and is a pita to install.

j

13. doctor4x4

doctor4x4 1/2 ton status

WOW THANKS FOR ALL THE HELP GUYS /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

just like the computer world it will be a cut and paste as many of you have recomended
    and Tony P yea sure ill help ya with it give me a call & you got pm
    and thanks agin guys for all the sugestions from them here is what iam gonna do
    i am gonna take a spare stock pan and modify it and then run a small cooler with a thermo fan infront of it
    Man i love this site
    /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif