Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

700R4 / 4L60 4X4 tranny needed

Discussion in 'Parts & Trucks Wanted' started by oh-zj-io, Oct 22, 2006.

1. oh-zj-io

oh-zj-io Registered Member

Hey!

Like the title says....

I have an 88 K5 350 with a bad transmission. I am in central Ohio.

I need a 700R4 for a 4X4 ASAP (and at a reasonable/realistic cost :D ). This is my daughter's Blazer and she's off at school with no way to get around.

Any help out there????

Thanks,
    Al

Last edited: Oct 22, 2006
  2. kennyw

kennyw N9PHW Premium Member

I have one in WA state :doah: probably not worth the hassle to ship it though.

3. oh-zj-io

Hey!

No idea what it would cost to ship from there...my oldest daughter is in Portland and that's a looong way from here! You got any idea? What kind of shape is it in?

Thanks,
    Al

4. kennyw

It came out of my '85 GMC Jimmy last fall when I blew the motor and put in a 4 spd with the new motor. Was running and driving up to that point. Too bad we didn't start talking sooner, I just had a guy here from Eugene, OR yesterday picking up parts. I'm about 3 hours north of Portland right now.

Is the K5 in OH or Portland?

5. oh-zj-io

Hey!

Sorry for the confusion. The Blazer is in Ohio. It is my youngest daughter's ride, not the daughter in Portland. I was just referring to the distance from there to here in my post.

So the tranny is in good condition, it's just halfway to Hawaii?

::):

Al

6. kennyw

Yea, pretty much. I'd say look for something closer first, if it comes down to it though I can ship this one in two boxes to keep it light enough for Fed Ex Ground. Tranny is 65-70# and the torque converter is another 35-40#.

7. oh-zj-io

Hey!

Thanks. I will keep this in mind. I'll check shipping costs to see what it might be, unless you have an idea. Would those end up being standard size boxes or would there be custom charges for box size?

Thanks!

Al

8. gotmud77

gotmud77 1/2 ton status

Pm sent back.

Let me know Jim,

9. kennyw

I checked shipping to Virginia on this... was looking at $150 for just shipping with two boxes. I have access to a dumpster full of large, heavy cardboard boxes so thats not a problem.

10. oh-zj-io

Hey!

Thanks. I am working on a deal for trading my 84 K10 for the work and a tranny for the Blazer. I will let you know whether I will need to make you box that up in a few days.

If anyone in the central Ohio area sees this, don't hesitate to post. This whole thing may fall through and I'd hate to miss a chance on a transmission just because you thought I had got it taken care of. As of right now, I'm still looking.

Thanks,
    Al

11. bablazer73

bablazer73 1/2 ton status

I have a good, reman tranny in NY. I can get it on a pallet and a loading dock, if you can handle shipping p.u. PM me if interested. I can let it go for 200.00

12. Metrodps

Metrodps Strange but nice guy Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

Hey if you need one I have my parts truck with good motor and trany in Toledo.

The motor is a 350 TBI and 700r4 trans has red alto steels, reybestos clutches a new hardened input drum with a stronger flange. Its also has a corvette servo and a .500 boost valve. The guy had it rebuilt just about two months before I bought it(last year). The front support is good; left front fender inner well gone. The door sills on both side are trash drivers floor is good just need blended into door sills.

Rear area is swiss cheese, tailgate hard to get latched. Rear and front bumpers are good drivers door bottom is bad and has dent. Didn't pay much attention to passenger door bottom. I can send pictures.

To be straight the drive line and motor are best parts frame looks good! Heater works great didn't try A/C; drivers window slow to go up.

I bought it for the rims;hard top parts and I am changing chrome for painted mirrors. Would sell for $475.00 motor runs great and I got 17.5 mpg on turnpike coming back from Chicago. I believe 100% that trany was rebuilt and would have no problem putting the whole drive train into mine and doing my cross country trek in June.

13. oh-zj-io

Hey Metrodps!

Seems like I am always behind by just a step or two. I would have loved to purchase your K5. Problem is that I have got all my parts and am in the swap process right now. I paid $200 for a carburated 350 and $175 for a 700r4 that I was told has NOT ever been rebuilt but works, from two different people and had to go pick them both up. I am sure I could have scavenged a few other parts from your truck also.

Thanks for responding! I'll keep you in mind.

Al