Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

700r4/4l60e

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by 10pax, Aug 15, 2006.

1. 10pax

10pax Registered Member

Is the 700r4 and 4l60e the same thing? My brother needs a tranny for his 95 burb. Can he put a 700r4 in it and it work? I looked but couldn't find anything. If there is a thread on this already I would gladly bow to it. He needs a tranny bad and I'm trying to help him out. Thanx in advance.

James

2. hidesertwheelin

hidesertwheelin 1/2 ton status Premium Member

I belive the 4L60E is computer controlled and the 700r4 is not. I think he would have yo use a 4L60e.

3. 4xcrazy

4xcrazy 3/4 ton status

needs the 4l60e, it is computer coltrolled, no TV cable, the 700 uses the TV cable for shifting,,,,

went through this same thing on the 94 2wd here

4. vortec

vortec 1/2 ton status

i have the 700r4 in my k5 and the 4l60e on my 1994 pickup. same gear ratios, but yes, the 4l60e is computer controlled. an old friend ran a 4L60 (that's no computer control) in place of a 4l60e on his 95. it ran fine, but never quite as well as the e did. and it took a lot of creativity

5. 10pax

10pax Registered Member

i guess he'll just have to save a little more. haha i'll keep loking for him. thanx for the input guys. i told him that if he couldnt get a definate answer, i would get him an educated one here. he is a registered user now and when he finishes checking out the whole website, im sure he will be a full memebr as well. he'll like the site. thanx again

james