Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

700r4 and?

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by k5kurt, Nov 19, 2000.

1. k5kurt

k5kurt Registered Member

Hi. new canuk here. I've got an 83 blazer that had a 700r4 in it, but previos owner swapped it to a th350. I've got a rebuilt 700r4 now, and need to know if the tr/cases are the same. Please reply, I'm egear to get smashing my knuckes.

2. baldbandit

baldbandit 1/2 ton status

Someone correct me if i'm wrong! If it will bolt up to the 350 it should bolt up to the 700r. I know the 241 and the 208 will bolt to the 700r.

baldbandit

3. MudFrog

MudFrog 1/2 ton status

I could be wrong but I think the 241 will not bolt right up to a 350, I think you have to have an adapter.

89 K5 Silverado
    http://mudfrog.coloradok5.com

4. Can Can

Can Can Pusher Man Staff Member Super Moderator

Not too sure......what transfer case is in your truck right now?

On a different note- WELCOME FELLOW ALBERTAN!!!!!!!! I live in Canmore(just east of Banff). Where the hell is Thorsby? Ahah, found it on a map........Just east of Leduc, eh? A bit close to Edmonton for my liking, but welcome aboard anyhow!!!!!! LOL !!!!!!!!

5. k5kurt

k5kurt Registered Member

Hello yourself alberty boy! Used to spend a lot of time in your area, but quickly came to my sences!lol!
    I'm going out with the trouble light now to find out. it should be stamped on there, someware.

6. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

Welcome aboard!! When are both you and Canmore going to come to your senses and move to the warm part of Canada?[​IMG][​IMG]

Rene

[​IMG]

7. Can Can

When your gas prices drop below 70 cents/litre and you get rid of both your PST and your NDP government!!!!!!! LOL!!!!

8. Can Can

Kurt- there should be a little red tag on the lower rear of the TC with the model #.......at least that's where mine is on my 208.

9. 90K5

90K5 1/2 ton status

The tranny will bolt to the engine fine, but you may need a new tailshaft for the back of the tranny. I think Advance Adapters has it, but you may not even need it.

90K5

10. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

LOL Paul!! Trust me the NDP is doomed in this Province! And as for gas under 70 cent a litre? Just put gas in the wifes Cherokeee for 69.9. Thats pretty sad, when you can get to the point where 69.9/litre looks good! [​IMG]
    As for the PST? I don't think thats going anywhere soon[​IMG] they've been milking that cow for too long.
    Oh well at least we have the weather.[​IMG] It did get a little nippy today, I think it went down to 7C[​IMG][​IMG], oh and did I mention its been SUNNY all month???[​IMG] I might just roll up the soft top again![​IMG][​IMG]
    LOL

Rene

[​IMG]

11. k5kurt

k5kurt Registered Member

got it! It was a 208 and it bolted right up. I'm now back in overdrive! Thanx for the info

By the way,the ground up here is frozen and cold! My next mod for my Blazer is a heated shop!