Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

700r4 builders. Please help.

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Musclerodz, Mar 4, 2006.

1. Musclerodz

Musclerodz 1/2 ton status

I am gathering parts to build a 700r4 for my '69 K5 Blazer. Engine is a '95 Z/28 LT-1, approx 400-425 hp, 3.73 posi rear, and 33" tires. I don't plan on any towing with this truck. I see all kinds of ads for stuff that says this is better than that. Please help steer me in the right direction. I only want to do this once. Here is what I am planning so far:

Sun HD shell with roller thrust bearing
    Kevlar power band
    Advanced adapters shaft for 700r4 to np205
    13 vane pump
    Corvette servo piston
    .500 boost valve
    non lock up converter
    alto red eagle clutches

Mike

2. southernspeed

southernspeed 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

I've just done mine with TCI transcat and superpro kits plus Jet 2nd and 4th servos. To be truthful, if I lived in the States I would buy a complete trans from TCI or B&M. I reckon it would work out about the same or cheaper than a rebuild and it's going to be warrentied. Your trans will only be as good as the builder.
    Good luck.

3. big83chevy4x4

big83chevy4x4 3/4 ton status

you need a 29 element sprag also. this is a big thing alot of people over look.

if you are going to put a np205 on the back of it, do not run the short shaft, get the spacer to use with the stock shaft, you will have cearance problems with the front driveshaft. you can run a np203 on the back of it no problem, or a np203/np205 doubler.

4. Musclerodz

Musclerodz 1/2 ton status

I seem to remeber something now about clearance issue with the tranny pan. I am converting a 2wd tranny to a 4wd tranny so either way I need an output shaft. I am trying not to move the tranny/transfer location so i don't have to modify driveshafts. The 700r4 is already pushing the motor 2" foward, and I am not sure how much further foward it can go.

Mike

5. Bushido

Bushido Registered Member

Ditto on the jet servos.O/H my trans without the servos and it was allright with just the transpak.Put in the servos after and the difference was night and day.