Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

700r4 Corvette Servo

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by chevydan3, Jul 25, 2005.

1. chevydan3

chevydan3 1/2 ton status

2. chevydan3

chevydan3 1/2 ton status

3. big83chevy4x4

big83chevy4x4 3/4 ton status

a shift kit is a great idea, a corvette servo is also a great idea, the servo with a longer pin is not such a great idea. by just installing a longer pin, you may do some damage to the tranny. you need to check the movement with the pin you have before you install a different length one.

there are 3 different length pins, they are identified by the tip. the short one has no rings, 1 ring is the medium length and 2 rings are the longest. you may already have the long pin. the only thing i can think of having a longer pin is to make up for hard part and case tolerances.

i would just run the pin you have, the only thing is the 1-2 shift would be faster, harder with the correct length pin (which you may have)

4. chevydan3

chevydan3 1/2 ton status

Thanks, my 1-2 shift is pretty stiff and fast on a rebuild 1-1/2 years ago. So I guess I wil just go with the shift kit and the servo w/o pin.

5. redneckdude

redneckdude 1/2 ton status

if you are gonna do the servo, just get whatever is teh cheapest but has the rings and teflon bands (99% do on ebay from what ive seen, ive only seen 1 that didnt). They are all the same IMO. its a good, cheap mod for the trans. I liked it when i had it in mine, and i need to get another soon.

One thing i would think about is doing the OD servo while you are in there. OD servos are about $50 tho. thats the only thing stopping me from doing it rt now. I don't wanna go in and replace the 1-2 servo then go in again later and do the OD servo.

6. Blue85

Blue85 Troll Premium Member

Also, be aware that a bigger servo = a slower servo. It will change the shift timing slightly. This is a concern on the shift from 2nd to third gear when the servo releases the band and the 3-4 clutch applies. If the band release slows down much, it could cause bind. Some shift kits are designed to be used with the bigger servo. If this is even a problem, it could probably be fixed by enlarging the oil passage into the servo cavity a little bit, but I'm just guessing there.

The advantage to the 'vette servo is in the 1-2 shift, where you will feel it hit harder. The slight slowdown is irrelevant because application of the band is the only thing happening.