Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

700R4 Drain Plug?

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by cdh, Jul 17, 2002.

1. cdh

cdh Registered Member

I have an 89 Blazer with a 700R4 and I want to put a drain plug in the tranny pan. I want to make changing the tranny fluid less messy. Has anyone ever done this? Is so, where can I get the parts?
    Thanks

2. jackedjimmy

jackedjimmy 1/2 ton status

most decent auto parts stores carry them for around 8bucks.

beats pulling thepan every time!

3. Thunder

Thunder 3/4 ton status

Yea they work great. Just be careful where you put it. Put it toward the rear of the pan it will hit the filter if you put it anywhere in the front/center area of the pan.
    As said above most auto parts stores carry them.

4. Calclips

Calclips 1/2 ton status

Swartz Creek, Michigan/Flint while in school
    On my 700, the previous owner drilled a hole in the pan, and welded a nut in there, and he has a bolt that screws up into the nut. I know it sounds shady, but it has never leaked on me at all and I've owned the truck for over a year. I think the reason it stays on, and dosen't leak, is the plastic washer thing he has on there too.

5. bigmack

bigmack 1/2 ton status

I put a drain plug on both of my trucks, it makes it alot easier and cleaner when you want to pull the pan off your tranny. I got mine from Jegs, they are made by B&M, I think they were 7-8 dollars each ??? But like someone else said you should be able to find one at a local part store.