Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

700R4 isn't dead yet

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Hossbaby50, Aug 24, 2004.

1. Hossbaby50

Hossbaby50 3/4 ton status

700R4 isn\'t dead yet

Well I just picked my truck up from the trans shop. Apparently my 700R4 isn't dead yet. It had a stuck valve or something. Seems to shift ok and run ok. I just got it home. Still got to test OD but it is supposed to be ok. Looks like the manual swap gets put off for awhile longer.

Harley

2. az-k5

az-k5 1/2 ton status

Re: 700R4 isn\'t dead yet

Lets go wheeling before the warranty is up. You'll be in CO next time you need a tranny so why not burn some warranty bridges?

Seriously, glad to hear it worked out.

3. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

[ QUOTE ]
    Well I just picked my truck up from the trans shop. Apparently my 700R4 isn't dead yet. It had a stuck valve or something. Seems to shift ok and run ok. I just got it home. Still got to test OD but it is supposed to be ok. Looks like the manual swap gets put off for awhile longer.

Harley

[/ QUOTE ]

I had thought you said that a 4 speed would never work in your rig?

4. Hossbaby50

It wouldn't work well in my rig for what I do offroad (or onroad for that matter). The reason for the 465 is because I have one I picked up cheap and it is extremely reliable. I am still a student so money is tight therefore I need something that is going to last. The 4spd will life forever.

Harley

5. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

Ahh, I see.

Pretty much the same reason I run the 4 speed, well, I like it too. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

6. justhorsinaround

justhorsinaround 3/4 ton status

When do you leave again, Harley? You need to have at least one more chance to laugh at Wimpy. /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif

7. Hossbaby50

I am going to be in AZ till next summer. I am going to Colorado over Labor Day to visit the GF. I am sure we will be on the trails a few times before I am gone. I just got to get the truck trail worthy. Right now that is being long, hard, expensive, and just a plain pain in the ass. I am pretty PO'ed with it all and am a little burned out. I am probably going to park the truck and not touch it for a week or two after the tranny issues get solved.

Harley