Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

700R4/NP203 mating

Discussion in 'OffRoad Design' started by 76SILVERADO, Dec 22, 2003.

1. 76SILVERADO

76SILVERADO Registered Member

local shop tells me they cant do it... Dont you just use the AA shaft # 50-6900 or the cheap way and use spacer? I currently have th-350 They say nobody sells kit to do it.....From Ck5 garage they said to ask here /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

2. 4X4HIGH

4X4HIGH 1 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

You are correct, you use the AA shaft and the current adapter you already have. You will have to do some driveshaft mods since the 700R4 is 1 7/8" longer than a TH350. You will also have to move your shifter assembly forward the 1 7/8" so it will come through the floor correctly.

3. 73K5Kid

73K5Kid 1/2 ton status

Yes you can buy the output shaft or the spacer. But you also have to decide if your going to run lock up. I don't think it is worth doing th swap if you do not. Your tranny will just get hot. Also make sure you run a big tranny cooler. 700r4 do not like heat. Summit & Jegs sells a kit. I had my tranny shop wire it up for me. They also installed my output shaft. My tranny was out of a 87 blazer. You can also have a toggle switch wired up so you can engauge and disengauge lock up. I did not have that done. I also moved my engine forward exactly a 1 3/4. I did not have to mess with my drive lines.

4. Stephen

Stephen 1/2 ton status Moderator Vendor

Well, that pretty much covers it.

5. crawlink5

crawlink5 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    Yes you can buy the output shaft or the spacer. But you also have to decide if your going to run lock up. I don't think it is worth doing th swap if you do not. Your tranny will just get hot. Also make sure you run a big tranny cooler. 700r4 do not like heat. Summit & Jegs sells a kit. I had my tranny shop wire it up for me. They also installed my output shaft. My tranny was out of a 87 blazer. You can also have a toggle switch wired up so you can engauge and disengauge lock up. I did not have that done. I also moved my engine forward exactly a 1 3/4. I did not have to mess with my drive lines.

[/ QUOTE ]

I just got a 700r4 two days ago. About to put it in.

I like the idea of moving the engine forward. That way if I want to switch back in the future, the driveshafts' cost won't be a waste.

In what way did you do this? Drill new holes in the crossmenber and move the frame mount forward or make an adapter plate for the engine mounts to the engine? Or just made new solid motor mounts?

Is it exactly 1 3/4 forward or the actual 1 7/8? I know this is not much difference, but I would rather not figure too much out right now as the weather doesn't seem to want to give me too much time to play right now. I also don't have time to redo.

Thanks,
    Doug

6. 4GUNZ4X4Z

4GUNZ4X4Z 1/2 ton status

76SILVERADO

Some additional info clicky

7. 76SILVERADO

76SILVERADO Registered Member

thx, im going the shaft route. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif