Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

700R4 question?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by duece21, May 20, 2004.

1. duece21

duece21 1/2 ton status

I just got done intalling new intake gaskets and cfm throttle spacer kit. I added the spacers from the kit that they give you to correct the TV angle, and I adjusted the TV cable by pushing it back in so valve was open then pushed the button in and forced the TBI to WOT (letting the ratchet adjustment move to it's correct position). The truck shifts smooth and sounds about at the right RPM's, but when I stomp on the skinny it won't lock in. Am I just not ajusted right? or is there something else here... Is it supposed to lock in every times you stomp the skinny?

Thanks Jesse

2. TorkDSR

TorkDSR 1/2 ton status

what do you mean lock? the tork converter?
    it should unlock anytime you hit the gas.. as well as downshift when you mash it

3. duece21

duece21 1/2 ton status

Never mind! I got it figured out! just minor ajustment and all is well. Sorry bout terminology, I have only slept bout 14 hours in five days and what I'm thinking and what I type are two different things lately.. /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif Yeah it was not downshifting, I had the adjustment to far out so I adjusted it back in a hair and everything was fine.

Thnks,
    Jesse

4. TorkDSR

TorkDSR 1/2 ton status

/forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif