Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

700r4 question?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by gotmud77, Nov 7, 2003.

1. gotmud77

gotmud77 1/2 ton status

Can you convert a 2wd 700r4 to work in a 4x4 with a 203/205 doubler set up? Is it as simple as changeing the tailshaft cover and changing out the long shaft for the short 7/8" shaft from ORD? I have everything rounded up for the doubler but the only decision left is do i go with a 700r4 or stick with the t350. I have a coulpe of these laying around.

2. gotmud77

gotmud77 1/2 ton status

anybody? TTT

3. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

dunno.. have u called Steve at ORD yet? when he gets back from sema u might try givin him a ring. he (naturally) knows everything there is to know about boltin up a doubler. /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

j

4. gotmud77

gotmud77 1/2 ton status

Thanks for the input. I will try and call him sometime next week and see what he has to say. I am pretty sure he can fix me right up and answer all the questin i may have.

5. hardcore71

hardcore71 Registered Member

the only difference between 2wd and 4wd is the output shaft and the bolt on tailshaft housing on the 2wd. toss the tailshaft housing and install the short output shaft. the tranny must be completely disassembled to swap the shaft though. not really that hard just remember to pull the pan and remove the TCC solenoid before you pull the pump or you will break the solenoid. The only other thing is to make sure you have a HD trans case. this can be identified by a large "K" cast into the bellhousing. all 4wd's are HD but i am not sure about 2wd.