Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

700r4 questions?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by hidesertwheelin, Feb 27, 2005.

1. hidesertwheelin

hidesertwheelin 1/2 ton status Premium Member

Does anyone runone of those 700r4 pans with the cooling tubes running through it? Does it work? I know it won't help much on the trail but what about on the freeway? Especially when towing? Also for those with factory oil coolers, where to you mount a aftermarket tranny cooler? The damn oil cooler covers almost half of the radiator.

2. Can Can

Can Can Pusher Man Staff Member Super Moderator

I just took this pic in total darkness, but if you look closely you can see the outline of the auxilliary cooler to the left of the factory oil cooler. Yup, it almost covers up the entire left hand face of the rad, however it hasn't led to any cooling issues, even when I used to tow a TT across the Rockies every weekend.

Sorry, I can't help you with any feedback on the finned tranny pans. I run a stock 700r4 pan........

[​IMG]

3. jarheadk5

jarheadk5 1/2 ton status

That's the Derale pan.
    I think as soon as the air tubes got clogged with crap from 'wheeling, you'd be back to square 1. Well maybe 1.5, since the pan is deeper than stock...
    Plus the tubes going through-and-through make for many more potential leak areas.

4. txfiremank5

txfiremank5 1/2 ton status

I agree about getting plugged... one or two trips through a respectable mud hole and those vents probably won't be vents anymore. I'd save my money..

5. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

I haven't run a tubed' pan, but if you checked it every once in a while and cleaned it out with a good spray 'o' water I don't see why it wouldn't work. I have a regular old deep AL pan that I got from PATC. In combination with a big azz cooler, it works for me.

j