Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

700r4 rebuild

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by ftn96, Sep 28, 2000.

1. ftn96

ftn96 1/2 ton status

Any recommendations for the due it yourselfer while rebuilding my 700? And whats all do I need to beef'r up a bit. Damn thing shifts like its an egg delivery truck.

2. ftn96

ftn96 1/2 ton status

I've pretty much know its going to a B&M Transkit w/shift improvement package stage 1. But is there any other parts while I'm in there that I can replace with strongre ones?
    I'helped build one about ten years ago. But have killed too many brain cells since then.

3. River

River 1/2 ton status

It all depends on what year your trans is made.

Look at the website off TCI http://www.tciauto.com

Greetings from Amsterdam,

River `90 K5, 350, TH700R4, NP241, "33, 3.08, 10 bolt F, 10 Bolt R(GOV-Lock)

4. ftn96

ftn96 1/2 ton status

Dont know the exact year, but its pre 93. So its non-electric and should be the exact same one you have "RIVER". We have the same trucks year and all. Cept your is Blazer and mine is a jimmy.

5. BUDDY

BUDDY 1/2 ton status

http://www.700r4.com They will shoot it to you straight. I'm just about to swap in a 700r4 into my '72 and they were very straightforward about what's needed and what's not. Just call and talk to their tech guy, I can't remember his name right now, but he was a BIG help. And very nice too.

I've got my dream truck and it's a 72 K-5 that is getting there!!

6. Rebel88

Rebel88 1/2 ton status

A friend of my dads just rebuilt my 700r4 about 12000 miles ago. He used the b&m shift kit, a corvette servo and he said he bored the valve body? that is what i got from it anyway. It shifts like a dream now, good and firm but not to the point where it tosses your head back. He is actually a transmission man for cadillac and gets the parts through gm parts warehouses. might want to ask around for different options.

Have you driven OVER a Ford lately?

7. River

River 1/2 ton status

I just orderd a transpak from B&M with the cooler. I have rebuilded a view TH700R4 with orginal and B&M kits and they are all still working well. I wanted to try the TCI parts but i couldn`t find a company who sells their parts online.
    The B&M transpak makes the shifts more possitive a like that.

Greetings from Amsterdam,

River `90 K5, 350, TH700R4, NP241, "33, 3.08, 10 bolt F, 10 Bolt R(GOV-Lock)