Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

700r4 rebuilt

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by muddflow, Oct 30, 2006.

1. muddflow

muddflow Registered Member

does anyone know where in socal/orange county i can get a tranny rebuilt for a decent price and of course a good job.AAmco is charging me 700 just to take it apart and look at it. then if i decided to let them finish the job it will cost me parts and labor. Im going to school fulltime+ and with my part time job i dout i will have enough money. I love wheeling. its my high, but if I can't get a cheaper place to do this i will have sell the truck. :1zhelp: thanks for reading

2. 1979jimmy350

1979jimmy350 1/2 ton status

shop around 700 seems a little high for just removing and insepcting the tranny

3. 90v1500

90v1500 Registered Member

Yeah... sound high to me too. around here it's about 500 to R&R a 4x4 trans... I just rebuilt mine a month ago and it ended up costing me about 200 but I pulled it and rebuilt it myself...:D

4. uao85

uao85 1/2 ton status

good gawd.........700 for just inspecting the dang thing. I had a local shop that checked out, and diagnosed my 4l80e tranny for free....including checking out all the selenoids and electronics on top of all the internals........there would be hell to pay if I showed up and they footed me with a $700 bill for that kinda work.

Remington