Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

700R4 Reverse Manual Valve Bodies, Which one?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by BAJA_BLAZER, Apr 8, 2004.

1. BAJA_BLAZER

BAJA_BLAZER 1/2 ton status Author

Those of you running a 700R4 with a Reverse Manual Valve Body, which Valve Body or Kit are you using and which would you suggest. I want one with compression braking, not a free wheeler type.

2. Nonesuch

Nonesuch 1/2 ton status

Art Carr make one with the engine baking feature.

3. 74beater

74beater 1/2 ton status

Call Alan @ 888.526.5868 he is Art Carr's tech guy...

ALL HAIL THE ALMIGHTY SAWZALL

4. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Bubba Ray Boudreaux 1 ton status

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I thought the exhaust manifold was good enough for this???????????

What's this baking feature you speak of? Is it better than the manifold so one could bake a cake or a pie while on the trail????????

/forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

5. Tweetysuarus

Tweetysuarus 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
    Engine baking? Sounds a bit greasy, might be tasty! /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif
    Bill

6. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

I wonder if one could do up a Turkey with that thing while on a Thanksgiving run?

7. Tweetysuarus

Tweetysuarus 1/2 ton status

/forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif
    A T-Bird by GM!
    Bill

8. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

[ QUOTE ]
    /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif
    A T-Bird by GM!
    Bill

[/ QUOTE ]

/forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif

I guess I better throw some tech out before we get in trouble.

Didn't see it mentioned, but TCI was supposed to be offering a valve body with compression braking.

9. Nonesuch

Nonesuch 1/2 ton status

I bought a TCI full manual/reverse VB for my th400 and later asked the guys at TCI tech if it provided engine 'baking' through the tranny. The answer was no. I won't need it anyways but the more features the better.

10. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

11. Nonesuch

Nonesuch 1/2 ton status

now doesn't that suck for me. thanks

edit: actually in my aplication they don't make one that retains the engine braking feature

12. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

[ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]
    I thought the exhaust manifold was good enough for this???????????
    What's this baking feature you speak of? Is it better than the manifold so one could bake a cake or a pie while on the trail????????

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually, we did just something like that on the Gold Bar Rim/Golden Spike run with ORD at EJS this Monday. We put a few racks of spare ribs - pre-cooked, wrapped in foil - on motors, mufflers, and trannies at the turn-off from Gemini Bridges Road. By the time we got up Gold Bar Rim, and down Golden Spike across the Golden Crack, the ribs were perfect for lunch. /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/woot.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

PICS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

13. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

I think putting a manual valve body in a 700R4 is like putting a new chandelieer in a haunted house.....

14. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

[ QUOTE ]
    I think putting a manual valve body in a 700R4 is like putting a new chandelieer in a haunted house.....

[/ QUOTE ]

Sit back down on the sidelines sport until you get some game and a dictionary. /forums/images/graemlins/doah.gif

15. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

[ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Sit back down on the sidelines sport until you get some game and a dictionary. /forums/images/graemlins/doah.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I might not be able to spell but I can certainly steal my lines from blue collar comedy tour well. /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

16. XtrmChevy

XtrmChevy 1/2 ton status

I have the TCI manual valve body on my th400, reversed pattern, and I "think" there is engine braking in third gear.

17. BAJA_BLAZER

BAJA_BLAZER 1/2 ton status Author

I logged on, saw sixteen replies to my earnest request, and thought I would get some good information; to bad I’m not looking to cook ribs or for information on th400s.

Yes, Art Carr and TCI offer valve bodies (Art Carr has an off-road option that has compression braking/baking) and Transgo Performance has a kit available. I was hoping that “those of you running a 700R4 with a Reverse Manual Valve Body” could give me some observations and recommendations about what you are using.

Martha Stewart, look out! These guys want your job.

18. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

[ QUOTE ]
    I logged on, saw sixteen replies to my earnest request, and thought I would get some good information; to bad I’m not looking to cook ribs or for information on th400s.

Yes, Art Carr and TCI offer valve bodies (Art Carr has an off-road option that has compression braking/baking) and Transgo Performance has a kit available. I was hoping that “those of you running a 700R4 with a Reverse Manual Valve Body” could give me some observations and recommendations about what you are using.

Martha Stewart, look out! These guys want your job.

[/ QUOTE ]

The only person off the top of my head that I 'think' has one of these is the infamous camo over on PBB.

19. zcarczar

zcarczar 1/2 ton status

If you wait a couple days I can give you my review on a B&M transpak that gives me a manual shifting trans, but I can put it in OD and it will shift for me.

I think the TCI one is the valve body to go with. I remember one of the 4wheel mags had a giant article on building the ulitimate 700R4 and they used a reverse manual valve body from TCI. They were able to have full engine braking in 1st. 2nd, 3rd and fourth and they could lockup the TCC in all gears.