Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

700R4 shifting problems

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by 85k5blzr, Apr 2, 2001.

1. 85k5blzr

85k5blzr 1/2 ton status

I was wondering what i can do to fix my hard shifting on my 700R4. Whenever i put it into drive or reverse, it "kicks" and jerks the truck. When driving, it seems to pause when shifting. It will unshift and pause for like a second in nuetral before going into gear. Any thoughts on what i can do or what is wrong?

85 k5 blazer with an old 305....must have more power! [​IMG]

2. CaptCrunch

CaptCrunch 1/2 ton status

If the U-jt's and rear are good... as well as no problems w/ the t-case yoke being worn, and since it happens between gears... Overall I'd say the tranny is getting tired... Is it just me are there a lot of tranny questions lately LOL... A rebuild will be in the 1500 range installed so might as well start saving the pennys and dimes... better get some dollars too. One last thing is get the tranny fluid dropped out and flushed to remove gum from the valvebody... also can check the tranny and engine mounts, but that is a long shot.

[​IMG]
    1987 Chevy K5 Blazer- 350 TBI

3. muddin4fun

muddin4fun 3/4 ton status

On my old pick up ('86 2 wheel drive) it would jerk into drive cause the idle was to high. Just my .02.

[​IMG]

<A target="_blank" HREF=http://muddin4fun.coloradok5.com>http://muddin4fun.coloradok5.com</A>

4. taterblazer

taterblazer 1/2 ton status

Mine has the same characteristic but not as bad and was just rebuilt. Make sure everything is adjusted right, check the fluid and run it into the dirt!

5. StoneyK5

StoneyK5 1/2 ton status

What I did for mine after trying to adjust the tv cable a little foward or back a notch, was to hold the lock button down and shove the plastic around the cable that holds it in place and then pull the carb gas cable and it adjusted itself. Let go of the button so the plastic lock would stay in this position and the truck shifts like it should. On the onramp I have to let off of the gas at 75 so it will shift into overdrive...Mine was rebuild back in Dec. and it would shift hard especially if the gear shift was in 3rd gear in town.

83K5 Silverado
    What was that bump?