Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

700R4 Shifting problems

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Blazin Ed, Jun 10, 2002.

1. Blazin Ed

Blazin Ed Registered Member

At about 30mph cruising on flat ground my 700R4 jumps back and forth between 2nd and 3rd gear. It's not in OD. The only way to get rid of it is to either speed up so I'm constantly on the pedal or to take my foot off, coast, then speed up again... Anyone know what's causing this? The previous owner said the tranny was rebuilt recently less than 10K ago... I know, I know, he could of just said that. Either way, anything recommendations??

2. ftn96

ftn96 1/2 ton status

1st thing to do is check the fluid and evaluate the color, smell and level. If its low fill it up. If its not red and smells burnt, change the fluid and filter and make sure the Torque convertor lock up control wiring is making a solid connection.

3. BigBurban350

BigBurban350 1/2 ton status

I should stay in 3rd at 30 mph. Sounds like maybe your gonvernor is hit. Unless your engine is weak and you have the push the gas down far enough that the TV(throttle valve) will shift down.