Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

700r4-spacer-NP205-1 ton front driveshaft, anyone have this?

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by DukeBoy88, May 7, 2003.

1. DukeBoy88

DukeBoy88 1/2 ton status

I was talking to Jess yesterday about having driveshafts made and he told me with my setup of a TH700R4 - adapter spacer - NP205 - D60. that in order to run his 1-ton front driveshaft I would have to trim my transmision pan on the passenger rear corner. has anyone done this? I am willing to do some fabrication but could really use a "yeah I've done that" from someone. pictures would be even better. thanks in advance.

2. Batmanjr

Batmanjr 1/2 ton status

Havn't don it, but fixing too! Well when funds allow! Yeah, you can either cut the corner of the steal pan and weld a plate over it, or bang the hell out of it with a hammer and if it cracks, weld up the cracks! It's not structual, just got to hold fluid! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

3. txbartman

txbartman 1/2 ton status

I have a Tom Woods front driveshaft and DO NOT have to run any trimming. From soem previous discussions, those that change the 700 output shaft and bolt the 205 directly to the 700 via the factory adapter have clearance issues between the front shaft and the pan. Those of us with the special adapter between the tranny and the 205 adapter don't seem to have clearance problems due to the tcase being set back another 2". I cannot speak for Jess's shafts, but I have no problems with my CV unit from Tom Woods.

Here are a couple of pics. And remember, I run one of the deep aluminum pans, too. So clearance would be even better with the shallower factory pan.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

4. DukeBoy88

DukeBoy88 1/2 ton status

Cool, thanks Brian. what lift are you running? not sure if that would have an affect on the clearance issue or not. I plan to run a deep pan as well if I can get away with it.

5. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

I have a 700r4 (with deep Al pan) + spacer + np205 + HAD CV/1410 shaft + D60... no pan clearance problems...

j