Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

700r4 swap front drive shaft clearance

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by dougyfreshh, Apr 1, 2006.

1. dougyfreshh

dougyfreshh Registered Member

I have done a 700r4 trans swap with a np 205 I used advanced adapters output shaft but now my front drive shaft wont bolt up it hits the pan any ideas guys

2. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

modify you tranny pan? Can't think of any other options. This is why most people use the $50 spacer instead of the AA shaft. Tiny CV or u-joints will work, but any kind of real (1350) cv will prolly end up having issues with the trannys pan. Not 100% sure why AA doesn't tell everyone this when they buy the shaft...

j

3. sandawgk5

sandawgk5 3/4 ton status

I have an idea put a 203 range box infront of the 205 and you will have plenty of pan clearance:D .

Ira

4. Leadfoot

Leadfoot 1/2 ton status Premium Member

I made the same mistake years ago. I should have used the cheap spacer too. I had to pull my pan and have a fabricator modify it. The problem is, some year 700r4's have an accumulator in that corner of the valvebody and you can only can a small amount of room. It's enough to run a stock driveshaft but nothing larger.

5. oldblue70

oldblue70 Newbie

just posted about the same issue !

I am in the process of the same conversion check the post from oldblue70 (me) in the garage for the webb site to order the better & cheaper adaptor
    as for advance adaptor I am very aggitated about the fact they did not inform me of issues I was told there would be no problems! but I guess there in buisness to make money but would also think that some times free advice would make future sales possible!!!

maybe through this forum advance adapt will get some free advice on return customers!!!
    which if at all possible I will not be