Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

700r4 swap out

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by rockink5, Dec 1, 2002.

1. rockink5

rockink5 1/2 ton status

I lost park in my 700r4(pin sticking out of case) /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif, and I am considering swapping in a TH400 instead of buying a redone 700. My question is, the 700 has electronics that go to it and the 400 won't. Will this mess with the computer(it's mi 80's)? /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif The Blazer has the computer controlled carb and HEI. Insight would be appreciated. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

2. Emmettology 101

Emmettology 101 3/4 ton status

The electronics that go to the 700-r4 are 4 wires for the lock up convertor for the overdrive. You should be fine just securing the wires up out of the way... I would cover the end of the plug also to help keep crud out in case of future use.

3. JoseK5

JoseK5 Registered Member

I'm no expert, I did the opposite swap, I would think that you would be ok since the TH400 does not need any computer signal. You just have to check if the open electrical connections aren't gonna affect your computer operation or maybe you'll need terminations...

4. ken

ken 1/2 ton status

I did this very swap on the wife's '90 Suburban (700junk4 to TH400 trans) and there was no problems...not even the driveshafts needed to be modified!! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif