Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

700r4 temp gauge sending unit location

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by BettyBurb, Feb 7, 2003.

1. BettyBurb

BettyBurb Registered Member

Installed B&M gauge according to directions with the t-fitting in return line from auxilary cooler back to trans.

I also want some indication of how hot the tranny actually is. So I want to have another sender from the transmission and use a switch for the gauge. Other posts mention a pressure port plug that can be used for a sender. Where is the port and what size threads.

Does it matter whether or not the sender is a B&M sender or can I just use any oil temp sender with the B&M.

Is there any possible problem with using this port for a sender, like restricting fluid flow ???

What is actually being measured at this port, the fluid as it is going in to the trans, or after going through converter or what ???

2. BlazinRojo

BlazinRojo 1/2 ton status

I'm getting my temperature readings from a sender in the drain plug hole in my pan. There is a pressure outlet that's 1/8 NPT about 6 inches above where the shift 'fork' is sticking out of the drivers side. The pressure there can get kinda high (when I had a pressure guage on it, it would hit about 250 psi) but I don't think that would affect a temp sender. Try it and see! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif