Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

700r4 to 465 hydraulic, whats involved?

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by sled_dog, Feb 17, 2003.

1. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

Sep 3, 2002
    I am looking at getting a newer Blazer(88-91) and I know of one but its automatic. What all would be involved in replacing the slushy machine with a 465 hydraulic? Need the tranny and bellhousing of course. Driveshaft modification I am guessing? How about for pedals and cylinders?
  2. dyeager535

dyeager535 1 ton status Premium Member

Dec 13, 2000
    When I built mine (previous 700 '86 body, '81 frame, unknown tranny) I had to punch the holes out of the firewall and floor for the master cylinder/shifter obviously, built a column without the shifter (not really necessary if you don't mind a handle on the column) drilled 4 holes in the frame for the crossmember, and bolted it all in.

Since I was using 10 bolts, and the donor transmission/tcase/driveshafts were all 70's stuff, I had to use an "adapter" u-joint for the 10 bolt axle/12 bolt d-shaft, since rectified with a 12 bolt yoke on the 1o bolt axle. The front shaft had to be shortened, but that was it.

Pedals are a bolt in deal, minus the two additonal master cylinder locating "studs" that project off the hydraulic pedal assembly.