Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

700r4 to Dana 300?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Shagnaz, Jun 11, 2003.

1. Shagnaz

Shagnaz 1/2 ton status

Has anyone done a 700r to a Dana 300 t-case? I have a
    friend with a Jeep that has a very stout motor with a
    twin stick Dana 300. Was wondering if I could run my tranny with a 300 instead of my leaky 241?

Thanks for the time,
    Mike B

2. u2slow

u2slow 1/2 ton status

3. HarryH3

HarryH3 1 ton status Author

A buddy of mine has used the Advance Adapters 700R4-to-Dana-300 kit on 2 different Jeeps. They're very nicely made! The bad news is that they cost around $500. /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif

A Dana 300 is an awesome case for Jeeps and Scouts, but it won't live long in a vehicle much heavier than that. /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

4. bigjbear

bigjbear 1 ton status Staff Member Moderator

Mike if you decide to get rid of the 241 shoot me a PM, TIA.
    I thought the D300 & NP208 had similar low ranges so you wouls be loosing a little there, unless you go w/ a lower gear set. Don't know about the torque ratings. IIRC its 23 spline input can be fixed w/ one of the kits, but it also has a 23 spline output that the Jeepers upgrade. That would most likely be the week link for you. These #s are all from memory so they might be off a little, but should be close. Did you ever put a fixed yoke on your 241? Or is that what the leak is? Bottom line, I think you will be better off fixing the 241.

5. DUKSRULE

DUKSRULE 1/2 ton status

The 300 is all gear. No chain to deal with. The cases on the 300 are the week link. Advance Adapters has an adapter to mate it to a 700R4. I am currently doing this and flipping the 300 to use with a Jeep. I don't think a 300 would stand up to a full size truck very long. Get you a 205.