Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

700R4 to partime 203 support question

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by SmokumJoe, Mar 8, 2006.

1. SmokumJoe

SmokumJoe Newbie

So I had a really good tranny shop build be a very nice, very tough heavy duty 700. I had them mate it to the original 203 with the mile marker parttime kit. The shopowner told me that I should take it really easy until I figure out a way to support the heavyass tc or else i would crack the tranny case. Has anyone ever done this conversion and had this problem? I have 2 bolts on the right side of the t-case. The shop owner toldme that there used to be an arm that bolted to it that went to the side of the original tranny (350) for twisting support. What should a brother do?

2. 1979jimmy350

1979jimmy350 1/2 ton status

there was arm on the 203 some years, my 79 had one but my 74 does not. as long as you are using the stock transfer case mount it should not be that bad thats how it was from the factory. But you could make a support rod they attached to the side of the chain case there should be taped holes there for that purpose

3. SmokumJoe

SmokumJoe Newbie

Is it that weak though? should I really worry about it. I dont wheel this thing that hard. I just use it to get me into the spot I want to be at and ride my quad for wheelin. thats the whole reason why I got the 700. So I could go farther with OD

4. 1979jimmy350

1979jimmy350 1/2 ton status

i would have no problem driving it like it is but if you are going to beat on it you might want to think about adding some support