Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

700r4 to th 350

Discussion in 'OffRoad Design' started by hd-10, Feb 14, 2004.

1. hd-10

hd-10 1/2 ton status

hello my 700r4 went out on me and i did some shopping around and i was going to get a th350 rebuilt for 4x4ing it is converted from a 700r4 so i was woundering if i had to change anything else to make it work. also it has a np208 adapter on it and i have a np241c t/c will that adapter work or do i need anather one? thanks for the help.

2. studwarrior

studwarrior Newbie

I am in the same situation. My 700r is going bad and my original thought was to beef up the 700 and put it back in. But a buddy of mine told me about TH350 kit that converts the 350 so it bolts right in at the tune of @ $850.

3. monsterjim

monsterjim 1/2 ton status

Do a search on it at the home board. They put a corvete servo in and take out the overdrive, the adapter will bolt up the same to the 208 or the 241.

4. MTBLAZER89

MTBLAZER89 3/4 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

I am just about to do this swap. I f the TH350 came with a 208 behind it then the lengths will be within a 1/2" of eachother so hopefully no driveshaft changes /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif I was also told you need a new cross-member for a TH350...if nothing else it will have to be moved. maybe a new flywheel/flexplate I'll find out when I get there /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif.

5. Stephen

Stephen 1/2 ton status Moderator Vendor

There's a couple of different ways to do this, one is to shorten the drivetrain up but then you have to change driveshafts. You can get a longer adapter to go from the TH350 to the 208/241 and a corresponding long output shaft for the TH350 and it should fit without driveshaft mods. Most trans shops are probably up on this swap, it was really popular in the 80's when most TH700's were crap.
    Or you can fix what's wrong with the TH700 and keep the overdrive. Those trannies are pretty well figured out now so they're not such a big deal to keep alive.

6. hd-10

hd-10 1/2 ton status

hi i just got the tranny in my truck what a pain. well the cross member went on in the same spot everything started going on good untill the bolt that holds the t/c rod brole then everything started down hill. i am still try to get the kick back cable to go on to the tv cable but for some reason it wont go. everything seems to be lineing up in the right spot and there was an adaptor on the th350 that matched everything up i will try and get some pic of what the adaptor looks like on my next day off. thanks and if you can help with the tv cable let me know.

7. MTBLAZER89

MTBLAZER89 3/4 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

did you use the 700 x-member or get one for a th350? Also did you need a new flywheel/flexplate?

8. hd-10

hd-10 1/2 ton status

i used the 700 cross member but i also used the same np241 adapter so everything matched up nicley tomorrow i will take some pic so that everyone can see what i am talking about. also the flex plate is the same part# but i had to get a new one because the old one had broke. tranny still in the world of get completed haven't had the time but hopefully tomorrow. thanks for everyones help.