Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

700r4 tranny

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by hafa213, Feb 11, 2001.

1. hafa213

hafa213 Registered Member

doe's anybody know if a 1984 6.2 diesel have a locking torque converter.mine had a diesel at onetime,I bought it 7 mo. ago and the last owner change the engine too a 350 but kept the 700r4.my tranny took a dump.don't have the money to rebuilt it. I found a used 700r4 to replace the one for now but it came with a locking torque converter how do i check if the one i have is right. thanks for your help!!

<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1>Edited by hafa213 on 02/11/01 07:25 PM (server time).</FONT></P>

2. dyeager535

dyeager535 1 ton status Premium Member

Re: 700r4 tanny

Can't say conclusively yes, as i don't know 100% Would have to guess yes, they do, since it wouldn't make much sense in mass production to have the diesel trannies different in that regard. You oculd probably look for the lockup converter plug/wiring on the truck now. Should be hanging around down there, or 3 cut wires. (might be 4, doubt it though

Dorian
    My K5 and Chev/Olds tech/links page: <A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.dorianyeager.com/index2.html>http://www.dorianyeager.com/index2.html</A>

3. hafa213

hafa213 Registered Member

Re: 700r4 tanny

I think your right,the one i have is pretty much the same as the replacment. i was't sure before, but it makes sence now. if i remove the torque converter can i still use the same seal or will it leak. i heard storys about the front seal leaking. and could burn up the trans.how hard to replace the seal, any special tool.sorry don't Know much about transmission.any info would help alot.Just wanted to make sure everything i could do to the tranny before i install it.Thanks for your help!!