Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

700R4 TV Cable Adjustment??

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Wheels, Mar 18, 2001.

1. Wheels

Wheels 1/2 ton status

I'm just about done with the 350/203 to 700R4/205 swap and I'm trying to get the TV cable adjusted. First, I think I have a bad TV cable because each time I rotate the throttle, the cable slips from the adjustment. I'll try the old cable to see if this fixes this. Second, I saw some where that with the carb at WOT, adjust the cable to where the TV valve is flush with the sleeve in the valve body as a starting point, then fine tune during the road test. This is all I lack from having the Blazer back on the road. This is one labor intensive project. Any help is greatly appreciated.

2. BadDog

BadDog SOL Staff Member Super Moderator Author

I had to put an amplifier on my TV cable to get it to work right. The signal was too weak and it caused the picure to get "snowy"...

<sorry, couldn't resist, long day...>

Bad Dog

85 K30 CUCV, 350 TBI, TH400, NP205, D60/C14, 4.56
    Coming soon: 4" lift, 40" tires, massive cutting, shorter wb and rear overhang.

3. jimmyjack

jimmyjack 1/2 ton status

Hey Baddog, bad dog!! I use tinfoil for better reception myself. As far as setting up the TV/detent cable, I was told to drive it slowly until it shifted from first to second, then stomp on it, it should downshift back to first and "yer there dude". I couldn't tell if I downshifted or my carb opened up so I adjusted it til it felt good to me. When all else fails take it to a tranny shop, act dumb and they usually will adjust it for nothing. Good Luck.

creepin' and crawlin'

Jim

4. Go to <A target="_blank" HREF=http://ww.700r4.com>http://ww.700r4.com</A> that should explain it to you and it even has pictures. That old stomp on it thing will get you in trouble. TV cables are touchy business with a 700R4 !!

[​IMG]<font color=red>BigBurb[​IMG]
    <font color=purple>IF YOU'RE SCARED, SAY YOU'RE SCARED !!

5. Wheels

Wheels 1/2 ton status

Thanks guys. I ended having a defective brand new TV cable. The stops were too soft and the first time I adjusted it, the metal tab stripped them clean. Put the old one in last night and got it to adjust properly. So it's back to the parts store for the bazillionth time. Thanks again.
    P.S. Good one, BadDog..lol.