Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

700R4 TV cable and modulator issues.

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by rekvehicle, Jan 15, 2004.

1. rekvehicle

rekvehicle Registered Member

I am having some problems with my tranny shifting ,acting strange around 55 to 60 mph,and think that it may be the TV cable or modulator.My K5 is an `86 and has the original cable and tranny. Replaced the engine a year ago have yet to get around to the transmission.I am planning on a rebuild of it soon , but need to work this problem out 1st.Any ideas?RV /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif /forums/images/graemlins/ears.gif

2. big83chevy4x4

big83chevy4x4 3/4 ton status

there is no modulator on the 700r4. what is it doing? you did ajust the cable when you replaced the motor?

3. rekvehicle

rekvehicle Registered Member

Well,no modulator eliminates that cause.So far as I know the cable was adjusted when it was put in.Had a dealer do it.I didn`t notice this problem until after I had the transmission pressure flushed and fluid changed. Maybe something is now loose in there.Fluid doesn`t smell any different than fresh ATF.It is just a little darker than fresh ATF. /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gifTIA,RV